Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Passing Off Songs For The Primary Program 2024

I am so proud of myself for learning how to make a QR code! I am not the most technology savvy. Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials! I told the primary that if they listen to the playlist every day during the week then I will give them a treat on the following Sunday. We go by the honor code. Bribery works! haha!

The primary is working on passing off all of the songs to earn a pizza party. My primary president made a pizza pie without all of the slices in the pan. The pizza pie pan and the slices of pizza are obviously made out of cardstock. Each pizza slice has a song written on the back. Once the song is passed off then that pizza slice is placed into the pizza pan. Once each pizza slice is placed into the pan then it will make the entire pizza pie and the kids earn a pizza party. In order to pass off a song the children must follow certain rules. Here are the rules:

1. Sit Reverently

2. Sit on edge of chair (When I put my hands up like this:

(This was clearly from the internet)

then the children know to sit on the front edge of their chair with their feet on the floor, except for little Sunbeams that can't reach the floor even when they are on the edge of their chair.)

3. Stand up reverently and at attention (Everything we do has to be reverent, including standing up. If the children jump up then I tell them not to be like popcorn popping. They need to stand up smoothly and go along with my hands. We practice sitting on the edge of the chair and standing up correctly.)

4. Know the words to the songs

5. Sing with all of your heart in your best voice

6. Sit Down Reverently

* I put the rules up on the board so that the children can follow along with them. I have pictures for each rule so that those that can't read can at least see the pictures. I did not make PDF's. Here is a picture of the rules I put on the board:

(Sign two and three should be switched.)

Good luck with your Primary Program!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing Off Songs For The Primary Program 2024

I am so proud of myself for learning how to make a QR code! I am not the most technology savvy. Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials! I t...