Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Simple Medley of Dare To Do Right, Choose the Right Way, and I Will Be Valiant

My sister, Amy, is the best musician I know.  Every instrument she touched she would become the best at playing.  Her main instruments are piano, harp, and flute.  She is a professional flutist.  I could give her spectacular resume here, but that is not the point of this post.  Amy helped me by writing simple transitions between the songs Dare To Do Right, Choose the Right Way, and I Will Be Valiant.  The transitions are only a few notes and super simple.  Then she wrote a flute part to go along with the medley.  She made it to where most pianists and flutists can play it.  

Here is the PIANO PARTS for "Dare To Do Right" and "Choose The Right Way" with the very simple transitions between songs (there are only a few notes for each transition):

I did not include "I Will Be Valiant" with the above PDF because it is just like the song in the book, but here is a PDF of "I Will Be Valiant" just so you do not have to get the Children’s Songbook out to make a copy:

  


Here are the PDF's for the FLUTE PART of "Dare To Do Right", "Choose The Right Way", and "I Will Be Valiant":


Dare To Do Right Flute Part



Choose The Right Way Flute Part



I Will Be Valiant Flute Part


I recorded my sister playing the piano with the transitions and then we screen mirrored it on my mom's tv so she could play the flute part along with the piano part. We had no idea what volume to turn the tv. It is a very amateur recording, but it gives you a good idea of what it would sounds like. The only change is at the very end of "I Will Be Valiant". The flute part will play the last note an octave lower then what my sister plays in the video. Also, she plays a rendition of the bass part on "Choose the Right Way". I put it into Treble Clef. She didn't write a flute part of "Choose the Right Way" because a little sunbeam will be singing it and we didn't want to make it confusing for her.


 

 My sister whipped these flute parts together lickity split.  I asked her to make the transitions and flute part simple.  I have two pianists that switch every week playing the piano.  They are both above a beginner, but they both have difficulty playing some of the songs.  I thought a flute part might make the simple primary songs be a little more musical.  My sister will also be writing a violin part for the song "I Know That My Savior Loves Me".  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing Off Songs For The Primary Program 2024

I am so proud of myself for learning how to make a QR code! I am not the most technology savvy. Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials! I t...