Thursday, December 21, 2023

We'll Bring the World His Truth (Armies of Helaman) Visuals (All Verses)


Only two more Sundays and it will be time to start teaching the Book of Mormon!  I am always excited when learning and teaching about the Book of Mormon.  We'll Bring the World His Truth is one of my all time favorite church songs!  Disclaimer:  I did not create any of the images in my visuals.  I have cropped, pasted, and photoshopped many of the visuals which does take a lot of time, especially for an amateur like myself.  

I like to make visuals that fit on an 8.5"x 11" size pieces of paper.  I also do not like using multiple images for the visuals.  I think it is too busy and can be confusing.  I like to pick a large image that catches the eye and/or an image that can help the children remember the words.  For example, in the first visual I use an image of an old man by the word "old" in the line, "as Nephi of old".  I have a few images on the first visual which I usually try to stay away from.  As you will see, in most of my visuals I pick one large image.  I also have words on all of my visuals.  Having the words on the visuals will not make the children unable to memorize the words.  Having the words on the visuals will actually help the children that know how to read learn the song faster.  An image plus the words plus the tune is the quickest way for anyone to remember something.  

I print and then laminate each visual.  I then use very strong magnets to put the visuals up on the board in the primary room when I am teaching the song.  I will post where I get strong enough magnets to hold up poster boards with visuals taped to them.  Once the month is over and I start teaching a new song, I will tape each visual to a poster board.  Having the songs the primary is learning on poster boards makes it easy for me to switch songs quickly.  I grab whichever song poster we are going to sing and stick it on the board with a strong magnet.  I do not like using flip charts as much because then I have to concentrate on flipping the pages.  I would rather have my hands free and be able to lead the song.  The children that need help with the song can look at the poster of the song that is on the board.  I have found that posters are the easiest way for me to be able to switch songs quickly without a fuss or taking up time. 

Here are the PDF visuals to We'll Bring the World His Truth:  

1st Verse:


2nd Verse:

 

3rd Verse:
 

3 comments:

  1. Is it possible for you to correct the spelling of Helaman (not Helamen)?

    ReplyDelete

Jesus (or the Holy Ghost) Can Be Your Shadow

This has always been one of my favorite activities/lessons in primary.  It is visual so the children get the concept easily about Christ and...